On 21 November 2017, 73 representatives and various organizations from the Normandy maritime sector met at the initiative of the Normandy Development Agency.
The purpose of this meeting was the creation of Normandy Maritime, an association aims to bring together the players in the sector of the maritime economy and thus strengthen the competitiveness and increase the visibility of companies in Normandy. Three poles have been created to best represent all the different actors:
- Naval construction, repair and deconstruction
- Maritime Services
- Pleasure and boating
One president and three vice-presidents representatives were elected from among the members of the Board of Directors:
- President: Stéphane Kervévan, Chantiers Allais / Efinor Group Cherbourg
- Vice President Construction / Repair / Dec. Naval: François Landais, Vinci Energies, Dieppe
- Vice President Maritime Services Division: Yanis Souami, Sinay, Caen
- Vice-President Pole Plaisance: Franck Leclercq, Shipyard Chantereyne / Hérel Cherbourg / Granville
Yanis Souami, CEO of SINAY was therefore elected vice-president of the Marine Services division. The opportunity for SINAY to get even more involved in the Normandy maritime activity.